Usage guideUSAGE GUIDE
Rest assured that our call center and counters in local company have staff capable of speaking English. We use translation machines to communicate in Chinese and Korean.
- ・New Toyota Alphard Z has a multilingual navigation system
- ・Apple CarPlay is available in all cars. (Only Fukuoka Airport Office)
Before renting a car
To drive a car in Japan, you need to present driving license valid in Japan and passport. You cannot rent a car if you fail to present necessary documents such as driving license on the day.You can also register two or more drivers. Please show us driving license and passport of the person to be registered.
※No extra charge
Driving licenses valid in Japan
① International driving license under the Geneva Conventions
Driving in Japan with driving license acquired in contracting member countries of the Paris Convention (1926), the Washington Convention (1943), the Vienna Convention (1968) is not allowed.
② Countries and regions whose driving license is also valid in Japan and official translations
A driver who has driving license issued in countries like Taiwan, Switzerland, Germany, France, Belgium, and Monaco can drive in Japan. You need to have official translation issued by embassy or consulate of each country or JAF.
※You need to use a child seat if you bring a child under six with you. Please choose the option with a child seat or baby seat.
Arrival at the airport and visiting our office
We have a free transportation service from international or domestic terminal to our office. Please call us after picking up your luggage at the airport, then we will pick you up after five to ten minutes. You may also visit our office directly from the airport.
- Pickup place at the international terminal: first gate on the third floor
- Pickup place at the domestic terminal: From "Arrival gate / North", left side beyond the crosswalk (next to a parking garage)
- Fukuoka Airport Office:092 -260-9506 (9:00 – 19:00)
- Kagoshima Airport Office 0995-73-7400 (8:30 – 19:30)
※ We can support you on the call in English or Japanese.
In case of airplane delay
Please contact departure office as soon as possible in case of airplane delay.
Procedure for departure
When you arrive at our office, please give us your name and show us necessary documents. Our staff will explain the contents of agreement, insurance, and how to handle a car. After that, please check the car condition with our staff. After completing procedure, receive a car key and you can depart.
- ・Driving items valid in Japan
(International driving license or driving license of each country and official translation in Japanese)
- ・Credit card, cash
- ・Insurance: You can add or change insurance when going through procedure.
- ・ETC: We rent ETC card (330 yen). You can use the service on the day. Please settle the fee when returning the car.
- ・KEP: You can use Kyushu Expressway Pass. Please ask us when going through procedure.
Do not hesitate to contact departure office in case of car failure or accident while using car rental service. Please abide traffic rules and drive safe.
Important notes when driving in Japan
- Cars are right-hand drive and drive on the left.
- Prioritize pedestrians over cars even in the place without traffic light or crosswalk.
- Use seat belt in the back seat (※Except pregnant woman)
- Use a child seat for a child under 6.
- Dangerous lane changes and overtaking are prohibited.
- Beep the horn only for avoiding danger.
- You have to pay to use highway in Japan. Please check the rules for ETC.
- The legal speed on the highway is 100km/h in Japan. If you drive over 100km/h, you will be charged with speeding.
If you had the troubles shown below while using the service
You are going to return the car late
Please inform the departure office as soon as possible if you are going to return the car late. You may have to pay an excess charge if you return the car late without notice.
You had an accident
Park your car to a safe place and relieve the injured. Call the police (call 110) and an ambulance (call 119) if somebody is injured. Then, contact the departure office at the scene of the accident. Do not settle a case out of court.
You parked illegally
If you parked illegally, please call the departure office as soon as possible. You need to go to the police to follow prescribed procedure and pay a citation. Our staff will explain the detail on the telephone.
You want to contact us outside office hours
If you have an accident or the battery runs down, or have a flat tire, please contact the road service shown below. The service is available 24/7 and supports most troubles. On the next day, please call the departure office during office hours to check the coping strategy. As for questions about service, please contact the office during office hours.
To return a car
Before returning the car, fill the gas tank at a gas station. We will check for damage on the car.After brief procedure, you finish to use the car.
- ・You need to pay an excess charge if you are fail to return a car on time.
- ・If you do not fill the gas tank, you need to pay a flat rate of 13,000 yen.
- ・Picking up to the airport will be by 18:30.